The interest of the modern Western world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as being a complementary or alternative treatment therapy is rising and gaining popularity because of its holistic approach, emphasis on standard of living and protection against illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s defense mechanisms.
Constructing a strong defense mechanisms is critical for your body to identify and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is a disease resulting from uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from the areas of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also. Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the numerous preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
Past of Ancient Herbal Remedy. Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it really is called Ganoderma Lucidum Spore Oil meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which suggests “herb of the spirit”. It had been a really rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient some time and Emperors from the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life. More than 2000 years Reishi mushroom has become the most cherished and popular medicinal herb in Asia and rated as among the superior herbs within the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year-old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance towards the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption with no unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance from the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was common as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has revealed that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and contains possible therapeutic potential as a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer. Medicinal mushrooms such as He Shou Wu Extract and Cordyceps have well been documented in lots of recent scientific research to be potent medicine to improve and support the body’s immune function from certain compounds inside them like polysaccharides which increase the activity of the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) that are vital to get rid of foreign cells(like cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published in the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 showed that reishi clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential being a health supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immune system by promoting the action of antibodies
* increases the body’s potential to deal with stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* increases the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports an ordinary, restful sleep
* enhances vitality and energy
Suggestions to select the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it offers the best extract and it has most scientific evaluations
* choose those that have cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and much better absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency ahfqfr the resulting fungus
* try to find Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of reishi active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the effectiveness of Reishi Spore Oil is based on its polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be purchased, like extracts, nutritional supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.